The Women’s Studies Program annually administers the following scholarships:
- Women’s Studies Scholarship
- Florence L. Healy Scholarship in Women’s Studies
Amount: Subject to the availability of funds. Past recipients have received up to $4,000
- Open to full-time undergraduate students who have achieved sophomore, junior, or senior status, or graduate students whose research interests focus on women’s or gender issues.
- Applicants must have demonstrated financial need. As part of the application, applicants must submit either a copy of last year’s tax return (i.e. 2013) or send a request to the Department of Financial Aid to release their (i.e., the applicant’s) financial information to Women’s Studies (a form for this option is included with the application). All information will be kept confidential.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA. A copy of school transcripts is required. For UWM students, unofficial transcripts are acceptable and available free of charge in Mellencamp Hall, Room 274. Newly admitted students should submit appropriate documentation of prior education.
- List two references, at least one of whom must be a faculty member (unless you have not been enrolled for more than five years). Letters should be sent directly to Women’s Studies at the address listed below.
- Applicants must submit a typed personal statement of no more than 250 words that discusses how a Women’s Studies Scholarship would address the financial obligations associated with meeting their educational and career goals.
- Applicants must submit a completed application form.
Preference will be given to:
- Students who have completed at least one Women’s Studies course.
Application Deadline: Return Application to:
April 28, 2014
Women’s Studies Scholarship Committee
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Women’s Studies Program
P.O. Box 413
NWQ-B #7585 Milwaukee, WI 53201
Phone: (414) 229-5918 Fax: (414) 229-6855