UWM Day at the Wisconsin State Fair will be Sunday, Aug. 3. Just listen for the Panther roars.
Pounce the Panther will be your host for a daylong schedule of events sponsored by UWM: musical performances, clinics with UWM athletes and coaches, games, free gifts, cooking demonstration with free samples and – of course – the popular Roar Like a Panther Contest for children 12 and under.
Representatives from many UWM colleges and schools also will be on hand to answer questions and provide information about UWM at the fair’s Central Park (across from the Original Cream Puff Pavilion).
Here is just sampling of what visitors can expect:
- The Alumni Association’s UWM trivia wheel game with prizes
- The College of Engineering and Applied Sciences’ Baja car, underwater fish robot and “are you smarter than a fifth grader?” game
- The School of Continuing Education’s Panther Face Painting and handwriting analysis
- The School of Information Studies’ 3D printer and Google glasses
- American Sign Language (ASL) students and instructors’ demonstration of signing with ASL.
- Innovative Weather at UWM’s look at what goes into making a weather forecast, as well as its new weather app
In addition, here are the scheduled events.
You can catch the flavor of the event in this video from last year’s UWM Day. (View full size on YouTube)
Central Park Stage:
- 11 a.m.-noon. New Horizons musical performance.
- Noon-12:45 p.m. Children 12 and under may signup to participate in the Roar Like a Panther Contest.
- 1 p.m. Roar Like a Panther Contest.
- 2-4 p.m. UWM Restaurant Operations cooking demonstration, with free samples.
UWM Athletics Sports Clinics:
- 11 a.m.-noon. Women’s basketball.
- Noon-1 p.m. Men’s soccer.
- 1-2 p.m. Baseball.
- 3-4 p.m. Women’s soccer.
- 4-5 p.m. Men’s basketball.