The Commencement Honors Ceremony is a one-hour ceremony for all graduating seniors with high GPA’s (3.5 or above). It is a recognition ceremony that is attended by graduating seniors, their family and friends, the Chancellor, Provost, and School/College Deans or other representatives. The Commencement Honors Ceremony is at 7:30pm. The ceremony lasts about one hour.
Marshal & Name Reader duties include:
- Reading students names as they walk across the stage. We ask that one marshal volunteer for this. Assist students with lining up according to school/college.
- Lead students to stage for processional.
- Assist students with stage logistics during award distribution and recognition.
- Lead students from stage for recessional.
- Any other logistical and/or directional duties as needed to help the ceremony run smoothly.
Marshals will be given directions before the event in the form of a short orientation meeting. This event counts as University Service.
If you are interested in volunteering for this event please email Paul Rediske at email@example.com.