Looking to have fun while providing an excellent University Service? Interested in seeing UWM graduates celebrate their careers at UWM? If yes, then being a Marshal is for you. Commencement is an important ceremony for graduating students.
UWM’s Winter 2014 Commencement is on Sunday, December 14, 2014. There will be one ceremony, with a start time of 2:00 pm. The ceremony will last about 2.5 hours. Marshals will be needed one hour before start time until about 4:00pm, or the end of the ceremony. Marshals are needed for the entire duration of the ceremony. Commencement will take place at the UW-Milwaukee Panthers Arena, 400 W. Kilbourn Avenue, downtown Milwaukee. Parking passes are given to all Marshals, so parking will be free. Marshal duties include:
- Attend Marshals Luncheon scheduled for December 11, 2014, 11:30am-1:00pm, in Union 345B+C (3rd floor). Lunch will be provided. If you cannot attend the luncheon, Paul Rediske, Chief Marshal, will attempt to meet with you individually to go over details.
- Assist students with lining up according to school/college.
- Ensure that all students have completed a name card.
- Lead students to seating areas according to school/college for processional.
- Lead students to stage for degree distribution.
- Lead students from seating areas for recessional.
- Answer general questions from students.
- Any other logistical and/or directional duties as needed to help the ceremony run smoothly. Snacks and beverages are offered before and after the ceremony. Marshals wear gold gowns during the ceremony.
This event counts as University Service.
If you are interested in volunteering please contact Paul Rediske directly at firstname.lastname@example.org